Throughout
the month of Digital Marketing in the Entertainment Business program at Full
Sail University I have learned a great deal about what it takes to market
in the morning digital world today. My original goal for this course was
to learn about what it takes to market a business over
the Internet and how I could use this to my advantage in the future.
Some of my other goals throughout Digital Marketing were to improve
branding and make the best use of online sales by learning
different marketing strategies and using demographics to my advantage. I
also wanted to learn about how to use different social media websites in
order to target a certain demographic of buyers for the products that I was to
promote.
I
had been taught in the first half of this class about how much
of an impact digital marketing has throughout the world
today, as well as how widely used it is. Having to do research on
projects, such as our Google analytics projects and our research
blog, we analyzed different websites in order to find out how widely used
digital marketing is throughout the world today. We had also used these
websites in order to find out who our target market was so that we could
narrow down where and who to advertise our products. These projects had
also helped us to identify impacting trends within the entertainment
marketplace throughout the world today.
Throughout digital marketing we also posted our work on
different websites such as www.Blogger.com
and http://goo.gl/0651b in
order to show off our work throughout the entertainment
business program. We had to review our classmate’s work and
comment on it as well as help to add or improve on their
thoughts if anything was missing or should have been added.
One online reference known as sethgodin.typepad.com helped me learn
how “technology gives you the chance to speak up, build a platform and
show the way.” Overall, Digital Marketing was a great class
that I would recommend to anyone who is serious about marketing in the
digital world today.
Hello Dan,
ReplyDeleteI am also taking Digital Marketing. I was most impressed by the different options in Google Analytics and the various other websites. I had no idea optimization of search words was something companies heavily invested time in. I myself never put much thought into optimizing search functions. It sounds like you learned a lot from Digital Marketing. Hopefully applying the things you learned will help you reach your goals.
Halen
Hello Daniel,
ReplyDeleteI am taking the course Digital Marketing as well and had similar goals before beginning the course. I assumed that I would learn about different digital marketing tactics and targeting and I absolutely have. The SEO portion of the course was extremely informative and eye opening. I hadn't realized the magnitude of information that could be gathered and gauged with this tool. I was certainly surprised and I intend to apply this new resource in all of my digital marketing efforts and advisement.
I wish you continued success in your academic and professional endeavors.
Dionna "Keyzz" Flowers